Theme: “Karapatang Pambata: Patuloy na Pahalagahan at Gampanan tungo sa Magandang Kinabukasan”
The Municipality of Aleosan launched the 27th National Children`s Month with the theme “Karapatang Pambata: Patuloy na Pahalagahan at Gampanan tungo sa Magandang Kinabukasan.” on November 5, 2019, as spearheaded by the Municipal Council for the Protection of Children of Aleosan and Municipal Mayor – Vicente C. Sorupia, Jr.
The activity started with a parade at 7:00 A.M. from the Municipal Public Market to the Municipal Covered Court with the following participants from:
- Supreme Student Government, Faculty and Staff of Aleosan National High School, Dualing High School, Katalicanan High School, Pagangan High School
- Supreme Pupil Government, Faculty and Staff of Lawili Elementary School, Aleosan Central Elementary School, Tomado Elementary School, Malapang Elementary School, Dunguan Elementary School, Katalicanan Elementary School, New Panay Elementary School, Dualing Elementary School
- Bureau of Fire Protection
- Philippine National Police
- Sangguniang Bayan Members
- Municipal Council for the Protection of Children of Aleosan
- Child Development Workers (formerly known as Day Care Workers)
- Barangay Officials of Aleosan
At the Municipal Covered Court, the celebration proceeded to a Zumba Dance and then continued with an opening program in which Vicente C. Sorupia, Jr., the Municipal Mayor gave a welcoming address and his message to the participants.
The program ended with symposium from the different offices; SSgt. Nechel Castillo from Philippine National Police (PNP) gave a presentation about Child Abuse; Noel B. Epanto from Municipal Disaster Risk and Management Office demonstrated the Disaster Management and Drills; PESO-DOLE Joemie Pascasio reminded about Child Labor; Arthur Camancho from the Municipal Environment and Natural Resource Office expressed the importance of sanitation and the love for the environment; Personnel from Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) showed the fire safety drill; the Rural Health Unit of Aleosan gave advise on how to prevent having HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and Vincent Sorupia, SWO II from Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office and Focal Person of the Municipal Council for the Protection of Children reminded the participants about the rights of the children and social responsibilities as a parent/guardian.
(Photos Courtesy of Leonard M. Rendon)